How on earth is it March already?!
And this post, which I am normally very quick to get written in the first week of January is still sat in my drafts folder. Has the year been zooming past quickly for you too? As a mum on a mission life can sometimes seem to just slip out of our hands, and yet it is still really valuable to make sure that we take time to pause, review and put God at the centre.
My 2020 has already started, but I want to encourage you to stop and make sure your year is going the way you want it.
- New Job – I’m going to be honest here and say that this is taking over my life, but in an amazing, God given, happy way! My role as Youth, Children’s and Families worker is such a blessing. I love that now I get to spend my time intentionally connecting with families and children. That I can put into motion events and activities I want to see happen. This year I know will be filled with many thoughts and much time spent on work, but joyfully! By the end of 2020 I hope I can say that I have made some amazing friends, worked my hardest for God and brought some new people into his kingdom.
- New Kitchen – With the little bit of redundancy money I got from my old job, we decided to tackle one of the rooms in our house which really needed doing. The kitchen. If I’d written this in January it would have been a plan! But now, in March, it is almost finished! So it’s nice to know I’ve completed at least one of this years plans already! This might also transfer into some other DIY projects over the year – hopefully the hall stairs and landing will get done and a possibly an upstairs bathroom. But we will just have to wait and see.
- Walking and yoga – As with most homeworkers, exercise can be hard to come across during the normal working day. So this year I am prioritising trying to walk more and do daily yoga to help with those aches and pains (I feel like I am getting older!). I’ve tried going to classes and other things but it just doesn’t work for me and fit in with family life. So walking to school is a great way to get some fresh air and exercise.
- Reading more – I love escaping into a good book, and I also know the value of reading books that will inspire my faith journey or help me in my new role. So I am going to try to read at least 2 books every month – one fiction and one non-fiction.
- Adventure/Pilgrimage – We don’t have any holidays booked, don’t know what is happening with my husbands contract, and no clue how life will go this year, so I am embracing adventure and following God on this crazy pilgrimage that is life! I don’t really have any plans or care where we end up as a family as long as God is there with us. I hope by the end of 2020 that my boys have grown spiritually and us too.
- Other stuff – I really don’t have any plans or know what 2020 holds for my side projects. This blog, my bible journaling ministry and Mummy Meditations are all there but not my priority right now. Perhaps God will inspire some others to take up these mantles. Or perhaps I can weave them in to my new job.
Verse for the year
My word for the year is “ADVENTURE” and this links in with how pilgrimage is an “intentional adventure in to God”. That is what I want for this year. I can’t see or plan how it might pan out, so instead I am aiming to adventure in to God. The verse that goes with this is:
“Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage” Psalm 84:5