I loved sharing with you all my birthday wishlist, and I had a lovely birthday weekend with my boys (eating pancakes in bed and going our for all you can eat lunch!). So I thought it would be good to share some of my favourite things that I did get for my birthday (in case you want to buy them too….)
- Lauren Daigle Album – I first heard the Lauren Daigle song “I will trust in you” during my HS2 drama time and it really spoke to me. Lauren has an amazing voice and some really inspirational yet simple songs about biblical truths. My sons love this album and it has started some great God conversations, so definitely one to invest in.
- Dymo Label Maker – I love finding new ways to write in my bible, and I saw someone else using a retro label maker with her bible journaling. I used to have an electronic one but really hated it as the labels printed were quite tacky looking, but I love the way these labels look. My hubby also got me label tape in luminous colours so going to have some fun typing bible verses using this!!!
- Cactus mug and pencil case – I have always loved God at my House’s products (they were some of my first bible journaling items to review!). And you are all aware of my mug addiction. So what better than a new mug with biblical humour and a matching pencil case to stash some of my bible journaling goodies in. Yey!!!
- Roman soldier wall art – One of my lovely Lifegroup members surprised me with a very special gift. She prints vinyl wall art for a living, and about 4 years ago we had discussed how I would love to have a roman soldier where all the armour is the armour of God spelt out in my hallway to remind me and the kids to always put on our armour of God before going out into the world. But then the news came that our house would be knocked down and I forgot. Well as a birthday/new home gift she gave me the vinyl wall art to put up in the new house. I was gobsmacked that she had remembered and look forward to finding a special place for this.
- Sam made birdbath – my little man spent his half term with Grandma and during that time painted me a very special birdbath made out of plant pots. It takes pride of place in my new rockery. Love me some handmade gifts.
- Die Cutting Machine – Another crafty present that I received was a mini die-cutting machine. This will be useful not only for personal bible journaling to provide accurate shapes, but also for some possible future business ventures. I’m having fun playing around with some die cut shapes I bought cheaply from the range (currently made a bird and some buttons….)