I am in love with Bible Journaling. The whole process of being creative inside my bible to document my learning and journey of faith, whilst also worshiping my God creatively, is exciting! I have been bible journaling for over a year now, and I like to think I have moved on from novice to amateur!!! I am still always on the look our for great resources, especially ones available in the UK, to inspire and encourage more people to have a go and to help us be creative.
This was how I came across the Christian Lettering Co, and they graciously agreed to send me one of the Starter Kits to try out. (If you missed my facebook live where I open the parcel they sent then catch it here) Included in the starter kit you will find:
- A bible journal notebook – a brown cover with hand lettering on the front, this blank paged book is the perfect place to start doodling and having a go. The pages are really thick so perfect for being creative on (bible pages are often really thin so harder to paint and colour on). I love the leaf design on it too – this would make a lovely gift.
- Two pencils – just to get you started!
- A study guide – A lovely printed step by step guide on how to get started bible journaling. This is perfect for beginners, and even includes a suggested 31 day bible reading plan.
- Stickers and bookmarks – These lovely little stickers in blues and greys will add to any page you are working on (see my attempt at the end of this post). Beautifully hand lettered and easy to use. I also LOVE this bookmark – so simple and yet so beautiful. You could keep this or pop it in a card for someones birthday as a little treat.
- Paper Clips – Really helpful for marking the pages you have journaled in, these paper clips come with really pretty ribbon in the same blue and grey tones as the stickers. Really simple to use but will look awesome sticking out the top of your bible.
- Postcards and scripture cards – You can use these beautiful designed little cards as tip ins to your bible, to write prayers on or encouragements or you could actually send one as a postcard to someone! Really lovely designs, I am going to experiment using them to make shakers in my bible with my bible journaling group at church next month.
- Book tabs – These are super useful if you want to mark specific books of the bible or pages that you have decorated (see my attempt at the bottom), and I love that the colours all fit together. These fold in the middle making them easier to glue into your bible as they stick on both sides of the page.
So there you have it – that is everything you get in the starter kit. Not bad (in my humble opinion!) for the price of £14.50. You can buy the starter kit from the Christian Lettering Co website, and it comes in three designs:
If you didn’t want to buy the full kit, but wanted the separate items then these are all available too on the Christian Lettering Co website.
Note: I was sent a free Starter Kit from the Christian Lettering Co to review, but all opinions are my own.