Welcome to my second reflective post for the New Year – this time I am turning my attention to what I am planning and praying for in 2019. If you missed my praise points from 2018 then catch them here! Lets go into 2019 with prayerful hearts, dedicating this year to God. Here are some of my plans and prayers:
- ROME!!! I write this once again, but we have now actually booked the flights and hotels so 2019 will finally be the year we visit this amazing city. It was on the shortlist for our honeymoon, so this is our treat for the year. If anyone has any recommendations on restaurants/tours etc that we should go to do let me know.
- DIY. This year will be filled with a lot of DIY as we try to turn our 60’s house into a modern space. Yes, this is partly because we want a nice place to live, but we also want to have a house that we can use for hospitality, a gift that we have both been given by God to bless others with. This will hopefully see a new bedroom being created in our garage ready for another lodger, and the kitchen and other spaces being transformed so we can do more meals and open house days.
- Reuben starting school nursery. My youngest is now the grand old age of three, and so after Christmas he has a 30 hour place at the school nursery. He is so excited, and has missed nursery a lot the last 6 months. It will also take away a lot of stress for me in regards to childcare, housework and blogging, as I will have at least one day a week where I am not working so can catch up on mum admin!! I am praying that I can use this time wisely, and that it means I will be able to value the quality time I have with both boys after school instead of trying to be with them and do housework at the same time.
- Colour Conference. This year I have signed up to go to Hillsong Colour Conference with the ladies from my church. It is down in London, which scares me a lot, but I am praying now for an immense time of spiritual growth over those few days and for relationships to be build up during that time.
- Mummy Meditations growth. After launching the shop last year and rebranding, I feel like now is the right time to make Mummy Meditations even bigger and better. I have been collecting feedback and planning new things, so my prayer is that whatever God wants me to do to encourage mums in their journey with him will be successful, and anything that is just my selfishness and pride will fall away. I am praying for more mums to join us in this journey in 2019 too – maybe we’ll even reach 1,000 members!!
- Northumberland. Yes I am that annoying person who has their holidays all planned in and booked already! Family time is so important, and so this year we are going to go and explore Northumberland with is castles, coastline and Holy Island.
So thats my 2019 plans in a nutshell! Most of all my prayer is that I stay close to God through whatever 2019 throws at me.
verse for 2019
I stumbled upon my verse for the coming year quite by accident, but felt like it was right for the new season I will be in. Last year was about strengthening myself, getting through things, and recovering ready to bloom again. This year, I feel God saying this to me:
“When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen. When you come looking for me, you’ll fine me. Yes, WHEN YOU GET SERIOUS about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed” God’s Decree.” Jeremiah 29:12-14 (MSG)
This verse to me was a wake up call – stop just messing around at the desires I’ve put in your heart and GET SERIOUS. If you want to follow me, then you have to actually follow me with everything! If you want those things then you have to actually pray about them. If you want those dreams then you have to actually pursue them! If I do these things, then I won’t be disappointed with what God does through me. Am I brave enough to do this?!! We shall see!
will you get serious with me in 2019?
Is getting back on track with God on your list of things to do in 2019? Then why not join me and over 500 other mums in the Mummy Meditations Community as we look to study the bible, one verse at a time, during the chaos of motherhood. Make it your New Year’s Habit! You can find out more over in our Facebook Community.