So you may have already read my highlights and praise points from 2017 (if not do head over and check them out!). It is at this time of year that I also look over my plans for the year ahead and start thinking about what I am going to prayer for the year. Here is what 2018 has in store for me:
- Captivated Conference – I am already booked on and paid up for the Captivated Mum’s conference this year! After enjoying it so much last year I am hoping to take some more mums along with me for a day of rest, praise and teaching. It is always good to plan in some investment days for yourself, so this is mine for 2018. Let me know if you are coming too as I would love to meet some readers!!
- Lake District Trip – Family holidays are always something to look forward to, and this year we are venturing away from the Yorkshire Coast to camp over by Ullswater and explore the Lake District. If anyone has any day trips or recommendations for over then please do let me know!!
- ROME (and 10th Wedding Anniversary) – We WILL be making this trip happen this year. We are hoping to coincide it with celebrations for our 10th Wedding Anniversary, but the money is saved ready and new suitcases have arrived. Planning to book the flights and hotel early in the New Year.
- Moving house – Last year we didn’t know where our heads were at in regards to whether we wanted to move quickly due to HS2. We prayed that by the end of 2017 we would have a clearer idea, and we do. We are hoping to move around the summer time this year, although the exact location and time is TBC. Please pray for wisdom as we decide where to move and what type of house to look for, in knowing when to accept the valuation from HS2 on our house and that God would provide the perfect place for His plans for the next stage of our family life.
- Blog Developments – When looking over my blog posts from the last year, I noticed a very clear new part of it emerging. Bible Journaling has now become a huge part of my life and I love it, so I am going to be trying to add some more resources and ideas on this theme in 2018. I will also be looking at trying to get some products together to help you in your walk with God and mission. So keep your eyes peeled for more info!!
- In HER Shoes – I am really looking forward to spending the whole of 2018 walking in the shoes of women from the bible. We started this new series back in September and it has really deepened my knowledge of these characters and brought new revelation on how God worked in their lives. I hope that you will join me and Naomi as we finish looking at Mary, the mother of Jesus this January (you can sign up to join us via the form below).
Verse for 2018
Last year’s verses were all about keeping going with God and not worrying (Matthew 6 – check out last year’s post) and even though I have worried and gotten anxious this year, I have been constantly reminded to keep coming back God as my provider and comforter. This year I was praying for a new verse and God revealed this one to me (through a Christmas gift):
“The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy.” Isaiah 35:1-2
“Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you” Isaiah 35:3-4
I am looking forward to seeing all the Lord is doing in my family’s life come into bloom – everything that we have planned, prepared for and endured through will hopefully spring into life this year. But I am also aware that we will need to be strengthened to see these changes happen. We cannot be fearful, but instead need to trust in God to do the work.
what Are your plans for 2018?
Whether 2017 has been good or bad, 2018 is a fresh start. What do you have planned and what are you praying for the year ahead? I would love to hear from you in the comments below. If you would like a New Year’s habit to bring you closer to God in the chaos of motherhood, then why not sign up and start doing Mummy Meditations with us over 2018? It is fun, free and easy to fit into your family life with just one verse a week to focus on. Sign up below….
[contact-form to=”email@example.com” subject=”MM sign up”][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][/contact-form]