one month to go
Yes there is now less than one month before my twenties are over and I have suddenly realised how bad I have been at ticking off things from this list. My lovely hubby has organised me 30 surprise presents leading up to my birthday, so I am secretly hoping that he is going to help me tick some off!
- Go geocaching. Think I need help from my neighbours mum with this one as she is a geocaching expert!
- Go on a camping trip with friends. Probably not enough time to do this now but we shall see!
- Spend a day at a spa- COMPLETED. Thanks to both my lovely husband and some lovely friends I have now had the full spa day experience. I loved being able to switch off from life, and my most favourite part was the salt and oil body scrub I had at the Belfry
- Visit 5 new museums – COMPLETED. Loved looking round all the museums in Hull last summer, and hoping to pop back again this year whilst it is the City of Culture (the fish trail was good fun too!)
- Knit something – my mum bought me a knitting book and I still haven’t got round to this!
- Sponsor a child
- Host a scavenger hunt – COMPLETED. Hope this counts, but I hosted a Nativity themed scavenger treasure hunt for all the kids on our estate this Christmas. You can download your own copy here.
- Send a care package to someone – COMPLETED. I sent a care package last year to a uni student from our church. Was a great feeling to bless someone away from home.
- Learn to juggle – no comment…
- Start a collection – COMPLETED – I absolutely LOVE collecting mugs! This has seriously made my life better, as everytime I have a cuppa I think back to the time when I got the mug. Each one has a memory and a story (so much so that I cried when one broke, and Rob went and bought me a replacement from the gift shop!)
- Learn yoga – COMPLETED
- Take on a 30 day photo challenge – COMPLETED. Did my 30 days of REAL family life photo challenge last year, and loved it so much that I am planning on doing this again over the summer (want to join me?!)
- Visit another country that speaks a different language – We were hoping to go to Rome this year as part of my 2017 plans , but with house move and other expenses mean this might not happen
- Have a proper exercise routine – COMPLETED Am using my exercise bike much more regularly than any other exercise I have done before so counting that!
- Write an ebook
- Feed 500 people in my home – Unlikely!
- Memorise my favourite passage from the bible – COMPLETED Doing Mummy meditations mean that I have memorised loads of passages from the bible, and my favourite one changes all the time.
- Sleep under the stars
- Learn a new craft/creative skill – COMPLETED Loving exploring bible journaling and expressing my faith in this new creative way.
- Make a time capsule to bury in our garden
- See the Lion King musical on west end
- Grow my own vegetables – COMPLETED. I’m counting raspberries as a vegetable here. With potential house move on the cards I probably wont be planting a veggie patch here, but will continue with my wild raspberries!
- Take my blog self hosted – COMPLETED. You are now looking at my new self-hosted website, and I think I just about know what that means! Hopefully it means a bit more flexibility and customizable to what both I and you want.
- Reorganize my recipe box and books – COMPLETED. Had a big sort through and threw out recipes I don’t use and laminated those I do!
- Write my will – COMPLETED.
- Learn how to give proper massages.
- Take Sam to an ice cream parlour
- Have a steak at a proper steakhouse
So I stand at 14/30 tasks completed so almost half way. I guess that’s better than nothing! Hoping my last month of my twenties is filled with adventures and fun so I can tick a few more off.