I hope you have all read my highlights and praise points for 2016! Every year I also like to pray into the next and make some plans and aspirations for what I would like to do and see happen. Here is what I have planned for 2017:
- Trip to Rome – This has always been something that me and my husband have wanted to do, and so we agreed we would try to save the money to go as a joint 30th Birthday treat. We already have most of the money stashed away for this so just need to get on and plan it!
- Fit back in my wedding dress – 2 kids and almost 9 years have not done my figure much good. My mum finally gave me back my wedding dress (which had been safely stored at her house until she moved!) this year and I tried it on – very depressing!! So my aim is to try to fit back into it by our 10th Wedding Anniversary (that’s in 2018 so I have plenty of time). I will hopefully be motivating myself with a few exercise bike related challenges in the new year so watch this space
- Sam starting school – yes I become a mum at the school gate this year. I am praying loads that I can prepare Sam for this transition and see him start school well. We have applied to the local Catholic Primary School so praying that he gets in.
- House – Now that the news of HS2 coming through our estate has sunk in, we are praying into what to do next in regards to our house. Many people have already filed for blight and are planning to move on, so we are really looking for wisdom from God this year into when to move and where to move to. We probably won’t be moving in 2017, but some guidance is very definitely needed!!
- 30th Birthday – yes this is the year that I turn 30, and far from mourning the passing of my twenties I am celebrating the time that I’ve had so far and looking forward to the next 30. I still have quite a few tasks to finish on my 30 before 30 list (although very happy to have crossed off “take my blog self-hosted” this month!).
- Romesh – As I said in my 2016 highlights post, I have now been working at Teenage Cancer Trust for 5 years. Every year the charity hosts an amazing series of shows at the Royal Albert Hall with great acts, and every year I say I am going to go and don’t. Well this year one of Rob’s favourite comedians, Romesh Ranganathan, is hosting the comedy night and WE’RE GOING!!!! We have been amazingly blessed with a hotel for the night, so just the food to sort out and its paid for!
- Blog plans – 2016 has been a year of great growth and planning on my blog after completing my online blogging course in June. I started Mummy Meditations, and I am hoping to grow this into a supportive community of mums connecting with God guilt-free. I am praying into ideas to help you all in your daily mission, including creating more free printables and other resources. There is lots in my head so praying that I can filter out the good ideas from the bad ones! (to be kept in the loop do sign up to hear more at the bottom of the latest post or this post)
verse for 2017
Last year I also chose a bible verse for the year, which was:
“The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.” Psalm 145:8
That verse helped me lots when I was dealing with tantruming toddlers and also with upset and emotional neighbours. This year I have chosen the following verses:
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?” Matthew 6:25
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
What are you plans for 2017? Do share below. And what would you like to see on my blog in the coming year – suggestions welcome!
new years habit for 2017?
If you are still thinking about what resolution to make for the new year, or just contemplating how to make 2017 a better year than 2016, then why not consider joining me and my friend Naomi in doing Mummy Meditations. There is more info on it here, and we will be creating new and exciting resources for those who commit to taking part in 2017 – just sign up below to be kept in the loop: